To point your domain to an IP address
In order to make your website accessible, you need to add DNS Resource Records, such as A-record.
How to add an A-record:
- Log in to your client area
- Choose Domains service
- Click on your domain name
- Click on the DNS Management tab
Enter the domain name you would like to point to an IP address:
@ - used to point a root domain ( ) to the IP address:
@ | A | 184.108.40.206
www - is selected when it is needed to pointto the IP address:
www | A | 220.127.116.11
* - a wildcard record that matches requests for non-existent subdomains. A wildcard DNS record is specified by using a "*" as the part of a domain name, e.g., *..
* | A | 18.104.22.168
- Choose A as Record Type
- Enter an IP address of your server where your website is located in the Address field
- To save settings click on the Save Changes button.
It might take up to 48 hours for newly created records to start working, based on the DNS server the client uses.
DNS Resource Records
Zone DNS database is a collection of resource records and each of the records provides information about a specific object. A list of most common records is provided below: