This page takes you step by step through the procedure for transferring a domain away from your current registrar.
The transfer process involves the steps that are described below:
1. Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer
To make sure your domain name can be transferred, check the following:
- The domain name has been registered for at least 60 days, and has been at your current registrar for at least 60 days.
- The domain name is not in "client update prohibited" status.
2. Update contact information for the domain name
Before you can transfer a domain, the Registrant and Administrative contact information (especially the email addresses) must be up-to-date at your current registrar, because these contacts receive the transfer request and okay the transfer.
To update the Registrant and Administrative contacts:
- Log on to your account (or your domain) at your current registrar.
- Navigate to the contact information for the domain name you want to transfer.
- Update the Registrant and Administrative contact information if necessary.
3. Obtain the authorization code (EPP)
Some TLDs require that you provide an authorization code for your domain name, to provide an extra level of assurance that the transfer request comes from an authorized source.
To transfer a .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz domain name, obtain the authorization code from your current registrar.
- Log on to your account at your current registrar.
- Request the authorization code for the domain name you want to transfer.
Transfers of TLDs other than those named above may not require any codes or tags.
4. Unlock the domain name
Before you can transfer a domain name away from your current registrar, it must be unlocked. Locking is a feature most registrars offer to prevent unauthorized transfers (hijacking) of domain names.
- Log on to your account at your current registrar
- Find the “Disable Domain Lock” option and click “Disable”
- Depending on your registrar, sections and menus of your account may vary. If you are having difficulty with this, feel free to contact support.
5. Transfer the domain name to Veesp
Once you have prepared the domain name at your current registrar, you're ready to transfer to Veesp.
To transfer your domain name to Veesp:
1) Log in to your client area
2) Navigate to "Support" → "Open New Support Ticket"
3) Open a new ticket with the subject "Domain transfer" and list the domain name you want to transfer and the authorization code. Example: mydomain.com, EPP 23857823575
4) [Optional] Answer for some questions regarding the "Registrar Lock", "Auto-Renew", "Whois/ID protection" options as you wish to add.
5) We create an order and provide you with an invoice. Once the invoice has been paid, the domain transfer procedure begins.
6) After the transfer procedure begins, you will receive an email asking to approve the transfer. Follow the instructions in the email.
7) As soon as the domain transfer is completed, you will be able to manage the domain details. To manage domain details, log in to your client area and navigate to "Domains".
The process of transferring a domain name between registrars takes from 1 to 10 days, depending on the domain zone and registrar.
To speed up the procedure, you need to quickly respond to all notifications from the old and new registrar, which will be sent to your contact email address.
If something goes wrong or you want to know the status of the domain transfer process, feel free to contact our support.